Selinunte is an ancient Greek city of Sicily south-west stands on a promontory between Marsala and Agrigento, between the two valleys of the Belice and Modione. Selinunte Greeks called it “Selinus”, derives its name from “σέλινον, Selinon”, parsley who still grows wild, became a symbol of the coinage of the city. Founded by Megara Hyblea in 650 BC, the city had a short life lasting about 240 years. Its destruction was due to both the arrival of the Carthaginians both nmerosi and violent earthquakes. In the second half of the sixteenth century, the city was rediscovered by historian Thomas Fazello. In 1823 the British undertook archaeological excavations. Today, it is in the implementation phase of a comprehensive program of study and research of the archaeological park and set up a museum. The park of Selinunte is considered the largest and most imposing of Europe as an area of about 40 hectares in which they differ in 5 areas: Gaggera the hill, the Acropolis, the hill Mannuzza, the eastern hill and the necropolis.