The Monastry of Santa Chiara in Alcamo is located in the heart of the historical centre. Its church, built in honor of SS. Cosma and Damiano, welcomes many believers who wants to pray in solitude and silence. The nuns keep the monastery in a perfect state of cleanliness and order.
The monastry was founded in 1500 but the current aspect is the final stage of a restoration project (1721-1725) led by the architect Giuseppe Mariani. Inside, the monastry has elegant and beautiful stuccoes made by Francesco Guastella and Vincenzo Perez in 1722 and others made by Gabriele Messina in 1757 and two statues, representing The Justice and The Charity, made by Giacomo Serpotta in 1722.