Beautiful old town of Trapani, which is the old center and that still preserves the characteristics of the Arabic city, with small intricate paths and buildings, such as Ciambra, also called the Giudecca palace, built in the 16th century and located in the Jewish Quarter and the Senatorial Palace (or Cavarretta) with its columns, statues, and its facade with two clocks, the eighteenth-century Palazzo Riccio di Morana surrounded by statues and the Palazzo Milo, who ruled the ancient Rua Nova, now called via Garibaldi. E Palazzo Fardrum of Mokarta, Melilli Palace, Palace Berardo, Iron and the seat of the Bishopric. In the city center also stands the Cathedral of San Lorenzo: the Cathedral is located in Corso Vittorio Emanuele and dates back to 1300. Restructuring was the first time in 1639 and then in 1748 thanks to the restoration architect Giovanni Biagio Amico has assumed its present appearance, with a bell tower and arched portal. Inside there are three naves and several works of fine workmanship. Interesting a Dead Christ attributed to the Flemish Van Dyck. The church was elevated to a cathedral in 1844 by Pope Gregory XVI.
The Torrie Ligny is seen as a symbol of the city because it represents the tip of the drawing of the crescent shape that the city of Trapani. It was built for defensive purposes in the second half of the seventeenth century: from here you can enjoy a fantastic view of the city and the nearby Egadi Islands. There are two main streets of Trapani: this is Via Garibaldi and Corso Vittorio Emanuele, formerly known respectively as Rua Nova and Rua Grande. He learned of the most beautiful thoroughfares of this historical center.